Welcome to 2014, and here I am back again. I'm working for a different firm and in a senior position, so hopefully I'm in a position to avoid a repeat of the previous unpleasantness.
The rest of the situation is eerily familiar:-
- Beloved Wife can't join me for a year because of the enormously long lead times for teachers;
- I have a motor vehicle (two actually) in Dubai that can't be imported to Qatar because of an arbitrary rule that says you can't import anything that's more than five years old;
- I'm living in a furnished apartment, probably for a year.
- My apartment is within walking distance of work, so the nightmare commute across Doha is neatly avoided;
- The said apartment is a hotel apartment, so someone comes in and cleans it twice a week, bed linen and towels are provided, and all utilities including internet are included;
- I have several very old friends in town so I'll not be BillyGoat NoMates;
- I don't have a boss who stands in the middle of the cube farm and screams about how everyone is incompetent.