- Itisalot phoned to make an appointment for 3rd November 2012, but nobody turned up.
- Itisalot phoned and made an appointment for 12th November, and nobody turned up.
- I phoned Itisalot on 29th November to find out what had happened, and got a vague apology.
- Itisalot rang on 28th January 2013 to make an appointment to fix the eLife cable. Never mind that the cable was already fixed, and the problem was at the exchange.
- Nobody turned up on 29th January. So much for the appointment.
- Itisalot rang on 4th February, demanding to know why no-one was at home. We were in Cyprus; I got the technician to make an appointment for 7th February.
- Nobody came on 7th February.
- On 9th February, a technician rolled up and declared that the problem was at the exchange, not in the Crumbling Villa. Thanks, but we knew this in October.
- Finally, on 20th February, an Itislalot technician got a signal from the exchange. He fitted a box to the wall at a jaunty angle, and then disappeared, promising that the modem would be fitted by another team ‘tomorrow.’
- Tomorrow never comes. On 24th February a different team phoned, promising that they’d come today at 2pm. At 2:30pm they rolled up and declared that a different team would come “Later today without fail” to fix the modem. Exactly the same story spun the previous week.
Edited 2nd March to add that: Itisalot rocked up at 1150 today, having phoned me at 9am. Just over two hours later they've gone, leaving me with a working internet (q.v.) and a landline and cable TV decoder that will come on line 'in 24 hours.' Now I have to visit Itisalot to get my old connection cancelled or I'll be paying for both. Oh, and while the guys were here I received an SMS to say that they'd be arriving on 9th March. I wonder if anyone will turn up?